Virtual Classes Available:
Bilingual Online Circle Time in Cantonese & English (On-Demand Videos/Pre-recorded Classes)
Let’s learn and practice Cantonese in a fun way!
In this “Bilingual Online Circle Time” series, you will have access to 4 pre-recorded classes and will also have worksheets available to download too! Through Cantonese children’s songs, stories, and counting, your child will find it fun and easy to take in the language while still be able to understand what’s going on because everything is said in both English and Cantonese.
All 4 pre-recorded classes will stay online until March 31, 2023 at 11:59pm Pacific Time, giving you lots of time to watch them or even re-watch them as many times as you’d like. Afterall, learning a language is all about repetition. Your child might even ask you to put the songs on repeat! 🙂
Free worksheets will include activities like crafts, tracing exercises, counting exercises, and coloring sheets. You can also make these as great bonding time too by doing them with your child together!
As soon as you’ve successfully registered with us, you will receive emails with instructions on how to login to your child’s Seesaw account with their own unique student code. Once Seesaw login is done, you can access the class materials right away and start learning. Yay!
RECOMMENDED AGE GROUP: 0 to 5 years old and their grownups (depending on your child’s age and fluency level, adult assistance will be needed for some activities and games).
- If your child is older than 5 years old but they are new to Cantonese or just at beginner’s level, these classes will be great as a starting point.
Fluency level: All levels OK
In each class, we will:
- Welcome and Hello song
- Sing and dance to some Cantonese children’s songs
- Story time
- Learn how to count
- Sing a numbers song
- Goodbye song
- *Note: Worksheets will be available on the Seesaw app. Once you have registered for the series, you will receive an email with instructions on how to log in to Seesaw. For worksheets, you can choose to print them out or to work on them digitally on Seesaw. For crafts, please find and prepare the supplies at home for your child.
- All 4 classes will be on Seesaw app
- Note: Class videos will stay online until March 31, 2023 at 11:59pm Pacific Time.
- Worksheets for each class will be on Seesaw app
- Note: The Seesaw app is a free learning app available on iOS, Android, and computer web-browser platforms. You can download the app here: https://web.seesaw.me/platforms
- USD $35.00 per family
- Click here to sign up on our Eventbrite page or click the blue “Sign Up” button below
- Last day to register: Friday March 17, 2023 at 9:00am Pacific Time
In-Person Classes Available: Coming Soon, please check back later.
- How many tickets to get on Eventbrite? You will only need one ticket per household, even if you have more than one child participating.
- After you register: We will email you the link and password to our Zoom meeting room before class. (For free classes, link will be sent out 1 day before class. For paid classes, link will be sent out 3 days before class.)
- When you are in the Zoom meeting room: Please rename your screen name to your child’s first name/children’s first names so when it’s time for participating, we can call their names! 🙂
Our virtual playgroup aims to introduce Cantonese to non-fluent speakers and to reinforce the usage of Cantonese to fluent speakers. Our activities will all be carried out in Cantonese to create a 100% listening and speaking environment. In our session, we will:
- Introduce the theme of the day or instructions of the game
- Fun activities (singing, dancing, or story reading) and/or group games!